5 Tips for Dry Skin
First, let’s chat about what causes dry skin. Dry skin is usually caused by a combination of factors, including inadequate skin care, certain health conditions, and environmental elements— such as cold temperatures, low humidity, and wind. Dry skin can be uncomfortable and can lead to itching and flaking. It can also cause premature aging in the form of fine lines and wrinkles.
Here are 5 ways to address your dry skin woes, and get glowing again.
- Moisturize your skin daily. Use a hydrating and plumping serum followed by a moisture rich cream or face oil. This will help to lock in moisture and keep your skin hydrated.
- Avoid hot showers and baths. Hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils, leaving it dry and irritated.
- Use gentle, fragrance-free cleansers. Harsh cleansers can dry out your skin and exacerbate dryness.
- Exfoliate gently. Regular exfoliation helps remove the top layer of dead skin cells and can help reduce dryness. Don’t forget to hydrate immediately after!
- Wear sunscreen. Sun exposure can dry out your skin and lead to premature aging. Be sure to use a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 daily to help prevent damage from the sun.
Leave a comment